Renovating your townhouse
Hello guys, I decided to post a blog about a particular case study of a townhouse in Burnaby that is about to be renovated. The purpose of this is to show some possibilities that can be useful.
Let’s start downstairs
I studied the kitchen of some recent sales in the complex and here are my main findings:
a) Kitchen Style
- The style should be clean and as simple as possible.
- This will help with resale
- Microwave oven on top of stove
- Undermount sink
- White cabinet doors
- White backspash
- Single quartz rock for countertop
- The dining room area wall can be opened if you want to do away with the shelfs
- The wall of the cabinets that hold the microvave could be put down. A small island can be placed instead.
- The kitchen could be opened up
As you can see above, the dining room wall was knocked out and made a more open dining space fot 4139 Bridgwater Crescent.
– Notice the passageway from kitchen to dining room created above.
Here is another example where they placed a small section divider:
Notice how they closed the passage way, which I think you should not do.
Below you can see the passage that is left open to dining area. Notice that dishwasher was moved to back wall beside sink:
The bathrooms styles are personal but I really like this style:
Downstairs Bathroom style:
- Below is the powder room from 9975 MILLBURN COURT.
- Under-mount sinks are a must in all bathrooms.
- Notice toilet overhang is taken away as it is no longer in style
Upstairs Bathroom Style
- Keep it simple. Again follow same rules as downstairs bath.
- Notice the overhang over toilet is gone and extra cabinets are gone.
- Under-mount sinks
- Single quartz piece matching downstairs kitchen and bath
- Cabinet doors and handle also standardized and matching entire house
- The Bathtub basksplash should be retiled and a clean look revitalized.
- The tub can remain:
Notice that the glass doors are newer. Perhaps it would be a good investment to change.
Also Notice if your shower handles and shower head need upgrading.
Money spent on Kitchen and Bathrooms are never wasted. They are always an investment
There are many ideas here. I think I just wanted to show how:
- A lighter floor is helpful
- Taking away the mirrors would be ideal
- A clean look will allow for more new creative flows
Your closer Neighbour at 9834 BELFRIAR DRIVE has done away with their mirrors. Notice the laminate flooring as well.
I hope this helps you in your renovation journey guys!